Wednesday, November 25, 2015

New Car Review: 2015 Chevrolet Traverse

Looking for a roomy SUV, without all the bulk on the outside? Chevrolet’s 2015 Traverse, just may do the trick.

It’s a 7-passenger SUV, but from the outside, you’d never know it. I actually had the opportunity to try both the basic and the fully-loaded, and don’t get me wrong, I like to save money, but in this case I suggest paying a bit more to get the upgrades. All the extra features like leather interior, upper button to close trunk (power liftgate), satellite radio, sunroof, side blind zone alert, forward collision alert and lane departure warning, really make for a comfortable ride. I drove all around the province of Nova Scotia (highway and city driving) for an entire week, on just over one tank of gas, that’s amazing for a 6 cylinder! And let me tell you, even though gas prices are at a premium, everyone in that province drives an SUV!

I can’t blame anyone for falling in love with this vehicle. It’s a smooth ride, accelerates nicely, with quick braking. Great for city driving, and the highway, especially with all the driving alerts. When I first got in the Traverse it felt like a bus, but by the end of the week I didn’t want to give it back.

This vehicle starts out at about $31,000, and the one that I drove with all the bells and whistles goes for around $52,000. That’s a bit of a jump, but well worth it in my opinion! It’s a great SUV for anyone with kids (or not), you’ll never complain about not having enough room, and you’ll still look cool driving it!

Amanda Risser, New Car Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment