Wednesday, November 25, 2015

New Car Review: 2015 Jaguar XFR-S


If you love everything about the sport of race car driving, you're going to fall head over heels with Jaguar's XFR-S, I sure did!

It's not the typical small, sleek Jag that most are used to seeing. It's a larger four-door, muscular car, that comes with all the bells and whistles (sunroof, surround sound stereo, paddle shifters, high performance brakes, sport exhaust, carbon fibre rear diffuser, carbon fibre rear wing, just to name a few), complete with a 550 horsepower monster of an engine. When you put your foot on the pedal it's like butter - accelerating from 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, topping out at 300km/hr, which of course I didn't even come close to! The seats are a comfy combination of leather and suede, perfect for lengthy drives, there's lots of passenger room, and ample truck space. It has another neat feature, with the flick of a switch a sun shield comes down over the back window, blocking out any glares. The XFR-S is equipped with all the parking/driving safety features that you'll find in most of the 2015 Jags, helping you park and letting you know when another car is close by. It wasn't too bad on gas considering it's a 5.0 Litre V8, and it also comes with an eco-mode, which shuts off the engine when you're idle

I must say, pictures don't do this car justice. This car won me over with its racy, yet classy, design, that can only be appreciated in person. What's great and unique is that it's a sporty car that can be driven all year round. Each time I parked this car, I'd come back to see people taking photos with it, followed by comments like "this is the hottest car on the road"!

One negative that I did notice, was that other journalists who had driven the car before me had curbed the rims quite badly. It truly pained me to see the 20 inch Varuna forged alloy wheels damaged! So, careful when parking. What more can I say, what a beauty!

When I win the lottery, I'll be buying this car! Fully loaded, it comes in just over $110,000.

Amanda Risser, New Car Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment