Saturday, August 13, 2016

GM’s 2016 Camaro Turbo: Four-Cylinder Engine With V8 Power

GM’s 2016 Camaro is the most impressive 4-cylinder muscle car that I’ve ever seen or driven. In fact, I had to double-check that it was indeed a 4-cylinder, because it has the power of a V6 or V8, but without the gas guzzling engine. I’d say you’re going to see a lot more sports vehicles built this way in the future, especially if gas prices remain as high as they are. It just makes sense.

This lighter, better balanced engine allows you to hug corners, without dropping your speed. It drives like a race car on a track… and it sounds like one too! I read on autoblog.com that the 2016 Camaro 2.0L Turbo’s 275 horsepower rating matches the output of the 1993-1995 Camaro Z28’s 5.7L V-8 AND offers comparable acceleration performance. Yup! And you can feel it!

Have you seen this vehicle on the road? You may not have, I have yet to see another tearing down the streets of Toronto, however, if you do see one you may first mistaken it for the Corvette! That’s right, it reminded me a lot of a sawed off Corvette, without the emblem on the front of course. It’s a pretty sharp looking sports/muscle car. And I say sports/muscle car, because it really is a hybrid. It’s not too much of a muscle car… just the right amount, making it a great vehicle for just about anyone.

A couple of minor complaints, and not even from me… a 6’2” passenger found it a bit too low inside, and difficult to see out the narrow windows. I, on the other hand, felt it was built for someone my height of 5’6”. This vehicle fit me like a glove, one that I did not want to take off! It’s so much fun to drive this car! I found it a bit dark inside, especially during a sunny, summer day. At first I thought it needed a panoramic sunroof, but that would change it from a sports/muscle car to a sports car… and really that’s not what the Camaro is meant to be.

Coming in at just under $43,000 fully loaded, the 2016 Camaro Turbo-4 is great luxurious sports/muscle car for anyone. Beautiful leather interior, keyless entry, push button start, heated and ventilated front seats, and Bose stereo are just a few of the fine luxuries that you’ll get to enjoy with this fast and fun ride! Don’t forget to pick me up!


Amanda Risser - Luxury, New Car Blogger



No comments:

Post a Comment